Health & Wellness Advice
Whether you frequently experience that ringing, buzzing, or hissing sound in your ears or whether the sound just doesn’t go away, tinnitus can be annoying and even distracting. Fortunately, there are ways to silence these pesky sounds. Scientific research has discovered certain vitamins and nutrients that are essential for ear health, and supplementation is an easy way for you to give your body what it needs.
With the growing popularity of supplements to aid with tinnitus and ear health, many manufacturers are creating formulas which are more beneficial for their profit margins than for their customers’ health. They may skimp on ingredient quality or quantity, so that you’re left with cheap ingredients that aren’t present in a high enough dosage to actually be effective. Some will even manipulate the facts to claim their product is the best. Many times, their claims are not backed by science and they have no valid explanation for why or how they formulated their fertility supplement.
It can be beyond confusing for consumers, often left not knowing which products are worth buying and which are worthless fakes. We felt it was time to carefully examine some of the products available in order to discover more about which ones may be telling the truth and which you would do better to stay away from.
6 Things To Look For In An Effective Tinnitus Relief Supplement
It should contain:
- Flavonoids, preferably from Lemon, for destroying free radicals that damage the inner ears.
- Ginkgo Biloba for reducing inflammation and dilating blood vessels to ease blood flow which reduces Pulsatile Tinnitus (tinnitus caused by hearing blood flow).
- B vitamins, especially Vitamin B12 for its positive effects on circulatory function and the auditory system.
- Zinc, a deficiency of which has been linked to tinnitus.
- Magnesium for relaxing the blood vessels to improve blood flow to the inner ear
- BioPerine® which increases the bioavailability of the main ingredients and enhances their benefits.
What We Uncovered
With a little research, we were able to spot the supplement suppliers that were simply out to cash in on the latest trend versus the products that we consider to be high-quality and effective products.
- In short, many tinnitus supplements do not contain the correct doses that have been shown to get great results. Many do not have any scientific or clinical support as to how they will be effective.
- Moreover, they are not 100% certified for purity and often include unnecessary ingredients that provide no benefit whatsoever. Some formulas do not contain the same potency as they claim on their labels with many companies even hiding their labels or supplement facts to prevent consumers from better understanding what is contained in the formulas.
Some companies think that sticking a label on their bottle with the words ‘Tinnitus Relief Supplement’ is enough to make consumers want to buy their product, even if there is no justification for why the product should work. Unfortunately, many consumers fall for this scheme and are later disappointed by a lack of results.
Our research identified key areas that we felt raised concerns when purchasing a tinnitus relief supplement. With so many products out there, we felt that we needed clear parameters as to what to look out for when investing in a tinnitus relief product.
- Will it be effective? This is perhaps the main concern for consumers. Why waste your money on something that is useless? Unfortunately, there are many products that simply don’t work, which is a real concern for many potential buyers, but some do work. Consumers need to be aware that there is a precise science to creating an effective formula.
- Will it be too expensive for me to purchase? Our research uncovered many manufacturers selling tinnitus products for $100 or more. People often think that by paying more, they will get better quality. This is not always the case. Don’t risk your hard-earned money on something that has a price which is over-inflated and unrealistic.
- Is the company open and transparent? You need to be consumer savvy in order to determine which are the best manufacturers to purchase products from and which are not worth your while. This means that manufacturers have to be transparent and open, providing you with as much information and guidance as they can.
Finding Effective, Quality Tinnitus Relief Supplements?
There are several key elements to look for that can pretty much guarantee a product’s authenticity.
- Monitoring By A Third Party: There are organizations that will independently monitor and track the reputation of a company and assess their customer satisfaction levels. A company’s reputation is especially important within the health industry. Make sure you select a top provider, one that has an impeccable reputation and one that is backed by an independent third-party monitoring organization.
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee: Many companies offer you a money-back guarantee if their products do not bring the results that you are looking for. Some are better than others. Choose a company that has a solid satisfaction guarantee. A strong guarantee demonstrates a manufacturer’s confidence that their product will deliver the desired results.
- External Testing: This is not the same as a monitoring company. Third-party testing verifies the quality of a manufacturer’s product. It can be very expensive for manufacturers to undertake and can even disqualify entire shipments of products that don’t reach the correct standards. That being said, when manufacturers don’t have independent quality control and testing, there is no way of knowing if their products are effective, or even safe.
Research On Tinnitus Products
Thorough research takes time and money, which most people don’t have an endless supply of. So we did the work for you – saving you both!
We researched numerous tinnitus supplements to ascertain an in-depth understanding of what is available on the market. To determine the products that we could rate as beneficial, we looked to see if they contained the correct ingredients, how potent they were, and their grade of purity. We eliminated products that we found to contain synthetic fillers, unnecessary ingredients, and useless proprietary blends.
However, we didn’t stop there. We understand that facts and figures don’t always tell the whole story. So, we looked for real consumers who had purchased and used the products and asked them for their feedback. Their testimonials helped us to establish a list of the best possible products currently available on the market.
Our Research Results
An effective tinnitus supplement should contain top quality, clinically proven ingredients in significantly potent doses for optimal effect. Certain vitamins, minerals, herbs, and antioxidants have been shown to relieve symptoms of tinnitus, support inner ear health, and prevent hearing loss. There are significant doses of lemon-derived bioflavonoids that have been found to positively affect ringing in the ears. In addition to Citrus Bioflavonoids, a tinnitus supplement should contain B vitamins because they support blood and nerve health which can contribute to tinnitus relief. B12 is an especially important vitamin since B12 deficiency has been linked to tinnitus. We also found Magnesium to be a necessary ingredient, due to its ability to relax blood vessels which eases blood flow through the inner ear. We looked for Ginkgo Biloba which has been found to help alleviate tinnitus and support hearing. Lastly, we always appreciate when there is a bioavailability enhancer, such as BioPerine®, to make nutrient absorption more successful.
Most products failed to pass our specific criteria.
There are some manufacturers who actually include some good ingredients in their formulas. However, they fail when they weaken the potency by adding an unnecessary blend of useless ingredients. Other manufacturers simply failed by using a weaker potency of certain ingredients than what has been proven effective in scientific studies. Others filled their pills with binders, additives, or preservatives. All but a few of them avoided quality control testing.
We are very confident in the brands that we did pick. Given our stringent parameters and reasons for choosing our top products, we are sure our top picks will help you achieve the results you are looking for.
Why Did We Select Our #1 Choice As Our Top Tinnitus Supplement?
Our top pick not only met all of our strict criteria for a quality tinnitus relief supplement, but it also beat it!
Look at what it contains:
- 1000mg Lemon-Derived Bioflavonoids – Double the amount of most products.
- B-Sci™ containing 7 B Vitamins– Most other products don’t have this many
- Mag-Sci™ containing 2 types of Magnesium for better absorption– Most products don’t have Magnesium Oxide AND Magnesium Glycinate
- 120 mg Ginkgo Biloba – More than the other formulas we examined contained
BioPerine® – None of the other formulas we saw had this bioavailability enhancer
Our Top Tinnitus Product Choices
We think you will agree that our top choice stands above and beyond the competition. The company’s excellent reputation, top quality product, external independent monitoring and testing, coupled with an incredible money-back guarantee policy, makes this an undoubtedly solid pick for our #1 choice.
✓ Money Back Guarantee
✓ Consumer Feedback
✓ Company Reputation
Approved Science Tinnitol
If you are looking to improve your inner ear health and help reduce or banish tinnitus then Approved Science Tinnitol is something that deserves your undivided attention. Of all the tinnitus supplements currently available on the market, this is the one that deserves a closer look and very likely, the one that will improve your quality of life!
Tinnitol contains the highest quality natural ingredients with dosages and potencies based on scientific research. It contains BioCitrus™ with 1000 mg Citrus bioflavonoids for its antioxidant properties, B-Sci™ with 7 B Vitamins for maintaining blood cells and nerves, Mag-Sci™ with 2 forms of magnesium for better absorption for relaxing blood vessels, as well as Ginkgo Biloba and other herbs for improving blood flow through the ear. Additionally, this product contains BioPerine®, a patented form of black pepper extract, which is specifically designed to work synergistically with the main formula for increased absorption of all the ingredients. Essentially, this product ticks all the right boxes for an effective tinnitus relief formula.
Quality: Approved Science Tinnitol contains high grade, 100% natural, clinically verified ingredients that are GMP certified. All Approved Science products are manufactured in an FDA approved facility.
Reputation: Their reputation is top quality. This manufacturer has several third-party monitoring services, including buySAFE, Norton, and Trustee, as well as an A+ rating from the quality monitoring company QualityTrusted.
Money Back Guarantee: Every item sold is supported by a 60-day 100% money-back guarantee. Such guarantees from manufacturers show strong confidence in their products’ ability to deliver results – great news for consumers!
Additionally, they are well known in the industry and an established company that provides great customer support service, secure and easy checkout, as well as prompt, efficient delivery.
Their commitment to the health industry and consumers is excellent, providing further qualification of efficacy by producing their products in an FDA registered laboratory.
If you are looking for a product that ticks all the boxes for an effective tinnitus supplement, from an established reputable company with an excellent money-back guarantee, this is the supplement for you.
It would be good to note that, due to high demand, Approved Science Tinnitol is often sold out. To avoid having to back order, don’t hesitate to make that purchase when you see it in stock.
See The Full Review
This product claims to be the last product you’ll try to get rid of your tinnitus. It promises results as quickly as 1 week and has a 30-day customer satisfaction guarantee. It’s made in the USA in an FDA inspected lab and is GMP certified. All in all, it seems to be a quality product that narrowly missed our top spot.
Ring Free has a clear label that lists all the ingredients and their dosage amounts. It has a few of the active ingredients on our list and a few more that weren’t. The inactive ingredients include bovine gelatin, which means that this product is not vegetarian or vegan-friendly.
These capsules are taken 1 to 2 times a day with food in dosages of 1 pill. It appears that Ring Free is only sold by companies selling supplements and that the manufacturer of the same name does not have a website for their products. This means that the return policy is subject to the seller. However, on Amazon, the product claims to have a risk-free trial. While researching Ring Free on Amazon, we also checked out what people were saying about the product. There were many positive reviews on this product but also a fair amount of negative reviews that made us raise an eyebrow. Read the full review for our full assessment of this product.
Click here to read the full review
GIV Health Tinnitus Guard
Promoted as a product to relieve tinnitus and improve hearing, Tinnitus Guard is our next product for review. At first glance, this appears to be a good tinnitus relief supplement. It has nice packaging and makes many claims that you want your tinnitus supplement to make. We tried to look beyond the surface to really understand this product but found doing so to be uncommonly difficult. The more we looked, the less we came to believe that Tinnitus Guard is as good as it pretends to be.
Some of the things we liked about this product are that it is said to be 100% natural and manufactured in the USA. It has some of the ingredients that we found to be beneficial for reducing tinnitus, though the amounts and potencies are not available. The use of proprietary blend created a lack of transparency which was only the first strike in our books when it comes to this product.
There were a few other negatives we found while reviewing this product. In addition to a lack of transparency, one of the ingredients included in this tinnitus relief supplement can actually cause tinnitus. Would you really want to manage your tinnitus with a product that might cause tinnitus? This is strike two. Lastly, this product does not come with a customer satisfaction guarantee and says nothing of returns and refunds. Strike three! Read our full review to discover how we were able to discern that this product is using misleading marketing, and how you can avoid falling for these schemes.
Click here to read the full review